Watching YouTube on your Smart TV, Xbox, Playstation, Roku, Apple TV, or Samsung TV will be altogether a different experience. In this article, I will share the methods to link YouTube on these devices with your phone using the URL yt.be/activate and the activation code.
Wondering what are yt.be/activate URL and activation code? don’t worry about them for the time being and read on.
Watching videos on YouTube has become an integral part of everyone’s life.
Some people watch it for fun while other users watch YouTube to learn new things, troubleshoot mobile/computer-related problems, learn to draw, and almost anything one can imagine.
Watching YouTube videos on a bigger screen can be more convenient and entertaining and that’s the motive of sharing this article.
So without any further ado, let’s get started.
How to Watch YouTube on Android SmartTV using yt.be/activate
If you have an Android smart TV and wondering how could you connect your phone to a smart TV, it is easier than you think.
In fact, YouTube has made it super easy.
Although there are other ways and workarounds you can follow to link a phone with a smartphone, this method is quite easy and popular.
Steps to watch YouTube on Smart TV.
Step 1- Launch the YouTube app on your smart TV. Most of the smart TVs come with YouTube app pre-installed. However, this is not the case with all. If you do not have the YouTube app installed, do it first.
Since we are talking about Android Smart TV, you can go to the Google Play store and download the app.
Step 2- Look for the gear icon that refers to the Settings. Click Settings.
Step 3- Scroll down to find “Link TV & Phone“
Step 4- Click “Link with TV Code“
Step 5- You will see a 12-digit code which is called the activation code (this is the activation code I have talked about in the first paragraph of this article).
This blue-colored 12-digit, numeric-only activation code is a unique code that will be used for linking your Phone with the smart TV. Not it down somewhere.
Step 6- Now there are two ways –
- Using URL yt.be/activate if you watch videos in a browser on your phone.
- Using the YouTube app installed on your phone
Using URL yt.be/activate
- Launch your favorite browser on your phone.
- Type the URL https://yt.be/activate, or click here. It will open a website asking for the activation code.
- Enter the code you have noted down above from the smart TV and click “Continue”. Ensure the code entered is correct.
- Once the code is verified, your phone will be linked to the smartphone and you can stream & control YouTube videos on smart TV using your phone.
Using the YouTube app
1– Launch the YouTube app on your phone.
2– Look for the gear icon that refers to the Settings and click it.
3– Go to “Watch on TV“
4– Tap “Enter TV Code“
5– Enter the activation code you have noted down from Smart TV and click “Link“.
After verification, your smart TV will be ready to stream videos from your phone.
Watch YouTube videos on Apple TV
The benefits of using activation code and yt.be/activate URL is that you can connect using an Android phone to connect to the Apple TV as well.
It is a great method for cross-device linking. You do not have to have an iPhone to watch YouTube from a phone.
This method works for both- whether you are using iPhone or Android.
Following these two steps if you have the 12-digit code on your Apple TV.
If not, here are the quick steps.
1- Get the Activation code on Apple TV
- Launch the YouTube app on your Apple TV. If you do not have it pre-installed or you have uninstalled it earlier, download and install it first.
- Go to the Profile Icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Select “Link with Code“
- Then click “Link with TV code“.
- You will find the unique 12-digit activation code.
2- Enter the Activation Code on the Phone
- Launch the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Profile icon at the top-right corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Then Tap “Watch on TV“
- Tap “Enter TV code“
- Enter the 12-digit TV code that appeared on Apple TV. After verification, your Apple TV will be ready to stream videos from your Phone.
Watch YouTube on Roku
Roku is one of the most popular streaming devices and there are plenty of good videos, movies, music, and shows to watch.
Yet, if you are looking to watch YouTube videos, here are the simple steps:
- Connect Roku with your TV. Sign in to your account.
- Go to Home > Channel Store.
- You need to add YouTube as the channel by searching and adding YouTube. Type “Youtube” and you will find the channel.
- Click “Add Channel” and it will be added to the channel list. Go to the channels list to confirm if YouTube has been added.
- Go to Settings > Link with Code. You will see the 12-digit activation code. Note it down somewhere.
- Launch the browser on your phone and type URL yt.be/activate. It will display a website asking for an activation code.
- Enter the 12-digit activation code that you have noted and your Phone will be ready to stream YouTube videos from your phone.
If you have a YouTube app installed on your phone.
Launch it, go to Settings > Watch on TV > Enter TV code, and enter your 12-digit activation code here.
Activate YouTube on Xbox
Watching and controlling YouTube videos from your phone to your Xbox console is quite easy as well.
If your Xbox is connected to the internet and suddenly you realize you want to a YouTube video, follow these steps to play videos from your phone to the Xbox console.
- Start Xbox and go to the Xbox store.
- Search “YouTube” and add the YouTube app.
- Go to “My Apps and Games“
- Look for YouTube and launch it.
- Go to YouTube Settings.
- Go to “Link with code” and then “Link with TV code“. A 12-digit activation code will flash on the screen.
- Launch the YouTube app on your phone.
- Go to Profile Icon > Settings > Watch on TV > Enter TV Code > and then enter the 12-digit activation code.
After verification, your Xbox will be ready to be used for watching YouTube videos from Phone to Xbox.
Watch YouTube Videos on Firestick, Samsung TV, and other
By now you know how to link your Phone to the YouTube app installed on Android Smart TV, Apple TV, Xbox, Roku, etc.
The process is the same for Firestick, Samsung TV, and others.
Here is the process:
- Get the activation code from YouTube and install it on Firestick, Samsung TV, etc.
- Enter the Code on the Phone.